Inaugural Middle East Management Excellence Awards 2023 is now accepting nominations
Deadline of entries is on 30 June 2023.
Leaders had to make tough decisions as their respective companies emerged into the new normal and recovered from supply chain disruptions as well as challenging market conditions, amongst other concerns.
The Middle East Management Excellence Awards proudly launched its inaugural edition as it opened nominations for outstanding executives, innovators, and teams that have brought commendable achievements to businesses in the Middle East. Firms are encouraged to send entries to the awards programme, which seeks to honour and celebrate innovators and their revolutionary ideas that have had a positive impact on their industries.
If you want to join the awards programme, submit your entries until 30 June 2023. Nominees will then be screened by an esteemed panel of judges.
The award categories are as follows:
- Executive of the Year
- Innovator of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Employee Engagement of the Year
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year
Whilst this is the inaugural edition of the programme in the Middle East, it has been successfully running in Singapore since 2015, followed by local runs in Hong Kong and Malaysia since 2018 and 2021 respectively.
Amongst those who were given this prestigious recognition was Johnson Wang, President of global biotechnology corporation GenScript Asia Pacific, who bagged the Executive of the Year - Biotechnology title in the Singapore instalment of the awards programme for leading the company to achieve numerous milestones despite external challenges.
"I’m deeply honoured to receive this award. This wouldn’t have happened without the dedication of our team members who have worked tirelessly to make the company one of the most recognised biotechnology brands globally today,” said Wang.
Some of the past winners of the Management Excellence Awards include:
Executive of the Year (Singapore Business Review Management Excellence Awards 2022)
- Advertising - Pieter-Jan de Kroon, Entravision Mediadonuts
- Beauty & Cosmetics - Isabelle Lim, L’Oréal Group
- Biotechnology - Johnson Wang, GenScript Biotech
- Building Services & Facilities - Helen Ng, General Storage Company Pte. Ltd.
- Computer Software - Darryl Long, Ubisoft Singapore
- Conglomerates - Dato' Colin Tan, Hatten Land Limited
- Education - Tan Aik Na, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Electronic Manufacturing - Geoffrey Maroun Akiki, Hoya Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd
- Energy - Mansi Madan Tripathy, Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd
- FMCG - Umesh Shah, Unilever
- Food & Beverage - Benjamin Boh, Hanbaobao Pte Ltd (McDonald’s Singapore)
- General Insurance - Hicham Raissi, Allianz Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Health Insurance - Moses Hee, MiCare HealthTech Holdings Pte Ltd
- Healthcare Technology - Kenneth Daniel Tan, Varian
- Hospitality & Leisure - Arthur Kiong, Far East Hospitality
- Insurtech - Rob Schimek, bolttech
- IT Services - Gary Steele, TES - Sustainable Technology Lifecycle Solutions
- Life Insurance - Melita Teo, AIA Singapore
- Manufacturing - Jacky Chan, Watson-Marlow Pte Ltd
- Marine Services - Gabriel Hong, RMS Marine & Offshore Service (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Pharmaceuticals - Maurizio Luongo, Menarini Asia-Pacific
- Power Technology - Jimmy Yam, Eaton
- Real Estate - Chris Marriott, Savills (Singapore) Pte. Ltd
- Real Estate Agency - Marcus Chu, ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
- Retail - Tony Heng, Stellar Lifestyle Pte Ltd
Executive of the Year (Malaysia Management Excellence Awards 2022)
- Energy - Shir Nie Pang, SINOWAJA (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD
- Field Marketing Services - Patrick Goh, Always Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd
- Life Insurance - Ben Ng, AIA Bhd.
- Media & Entertainment - Kundan Kumar, MBO CINEMA SDN BHD
- Technology - Dato' Gooi Soon Chai, Keysight Technologies
- Transportation - Datuk Azman Ismail, PLUS Malaysia Berhad
Executive of the Year (Hong Kong Business Management Excellence Awards 2022)
- Logistics - Rui Hua Chang, ESR Group Limited
- Non-Profit Organisation - Willy Lin, HONG KONG PRODUCTIVITY COUNCIL
The Middle East Management Excellence Awards is presented by Asian Business Review.